Help Identifying SPS frag

RedSeaMark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all!

I am new to SPS! I picked up a frag pack from a LFS and they were all labeled which was awesome! I then picked up a small frag from a local hobbiest and both him and myself were at a loss of what this frag is.

Any guesses/help identifying would be awesome! I tried taking pics with different filters to show colors the best I can.
IMG_4998.jpeg
IMG_4999.jpeg

OP
OP
RedSeaMark

RedSeaMark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s my best guess. I am sure there are 10 different names out there though lol.
I looked at images I could find and it appears you are right! It was confusing me as mine started as encrusting blob on a frag plug. But after about a month it’s been growing up the beginning of branches so I was lost. Thanks again!

Hugster78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I looked at images I could find and it appears you are right! It was confusing me as mine started as encrusting blob on a frag plug. But after about a month it’s been growing up the beginning of branches so I was lost. Thanks again!
Happy reefing. My Garf grew like weeds once it was established

CBonito

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s my best guess. I am sure there are 10 different names out there though lol.
Yeah, it's like every time someone puts something in their tank and it changes, it's suddenly their creation. :rolleyes:

Very nice looking frag. Hopefully it does well. If I see one somewhere I'd buy it too.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is some sort of Bonsai. Unless it has lineage back to GARF, then I would not call it a Garf Bonsai. There are many others that are not as purple that are just generic bonsai corals. Real Garf, but also some of the others, will usually encrust for a long while before it send up branches. Some of the knockoffs are quite beautiful and branch more quickly.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 85 56.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.3%
Back