Browned sps recovery

  • Thread starter Thread starter robs.mark
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

robs.mark

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 12, 2020
Messages
124
Reaction score
171
Location
Perth, Western Australia
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I just got back from my LFS in Perth Australia with three little bargains. This particular shop (more of a superstore for aquariums) relies on high turnover. Apparently they have high nutrients in one of their holding tanks as a batch of wild sps had browned out over a few weeks. I picked up a Milli, and two acros for $40 Australian. I thought it would be a cool experiment to see if I can colour them up.

Does anyone have any similar experiences and do you have any before/after pics?

ill try to get some pics tomorrow hen my light aren’t so blue.
 
I bought a neglected acro last week, here are the before an after pics. This progress has only taken a week!!
 

Attachments

  • 5B79DC0C-DCBC-49AB-872B-99623F6678CD.jpeg
    5B79DC0C-DCBC-49AB-872B-99623F6678CD.jpeg
    264.2 KB · Views: 84
  • 9F551BFB-6ED3-45C2-A480-54323E9EB74B.jpeg
    9F551BFB-6ED3-45C2-A480-54323E9EB74B.jpeg
    284.5 KB · Views: 82
  • D096AF6F-D106-48D3-85F3-B73202289FC9.png
    D096AF6F-D106-48D3-85F3-B73202289FC9.png
    787.1 KB · Views: 87
I bought a neglected acro last week, here are the before an after pics. This progress has only taken a week!!
Amazing! You’d have to be happy with that.

Wild colony or from a fellow reefer?

I’m pretty certain that the Milli is pink, and the acros and blue/purple.. you can just about make it out.

My experience has shown be that acros can completely change colour under different conditions so we‘ll see what we get.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new