BRS 2 Part with Trace Elements and Molybdenum Poisoning?

ekandler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been dosing 2 part for years, decided after watching a BRS video to try their 2 part with Tropic Marin Trace Elements included. Followed the guidance, I added 160ml for medium demand of Trace A-/K+ to my two part solutions for alk/calc. Been running it like that for maybe 6 months. My tank lately has been off, so I decided to do an ICP test. The only issue that the ICP test identified was that my Molybdenum levels were "very high" at 50.4 ppb or 0.05 mg/L, when my test says I should be no more than 30ppb but closer to 10ppb.

So first I think i'm going to order some new dosing fluid and stop dosing the stuff with the trace elements, clearly it's not doing what I want. Second, the ICP-Analysis ICP test I got seems to think my Molybdenum is a concern, but after a google others are saying safe levels are between 0.03 to 0.12 mg/L, which I'm within. Any thoughts?

Test710272397_Results (1).jpeg

OP
OP
ekandler

ekandler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually after looking at it some more, According to this I have pretty high levels of titanium, lithium, molybdenum, aluminum, arsenic, beryllium, copper, gallium, lead, antimony, silicone, tin, uranium, and tungsten, which supposedly are all toxic but it isn’t marked as a problem… but is it a problem? I use a BRS 7 stage RODI with Red Sea blue bucket salt. I don’t know how stuff like uranium. copper, titanium or lead is getting in there.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 74 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 68 34.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back