BRS UV testing....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

jaxteller007

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the idea yes.

I have a 220 gallon system with 2 40 watt pentairs each pushing <200 gph. The idea was for total parasite control. However, my water is crystal clear with only 2x turnover.

But you're not getting (or the poster you are replying to) isn't getting 2x turnover just because it's 200 GPH and a 180G tank right? I'm not a water flow expert by any means but I didn't think 200 GPH meant the tank was turning over 2x. You would be if you could guarantee you weren't getting the same water going throw the UV until all water has gone through but is that even possible...

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand different companies, research methods, etc can have different outcomes for something like this. But 1,000 GPH vs 200 GPH to kill the same types of parasites is a massive difference and cant' be explained away easily IMO. I agree though, I'm all for slower to kill parasites.

Some data shows that 1,000,000 uw/cm2 is needed. That would be 50gph with the same UV. Its all extrapolated off freshwater data and is not certain.

But you're not getting (or the poster you are replying to) isn't getting 2x turnover just because it's 200 GPH and a 180G tank right? I'm not a water flow expert by any means but I didn't think 200 GPH meant the tank was turning over 2x. You would be if you could guarantee you weren't getting the same water going throw the UV until all water has gone through but is that even possible...

No of course not , but thats what is used as a definition.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 61 38.6%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back