BRS videos, Salinity and Element balance discussion

Dennis Cartier

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IIRC, Lou at TM has said there usually isn't enough magnesium in the Part C to use it to bring levels up. This is why BRS has the magnesium supplement as well. You use a stand alone Mg additive to get your numbers in line, then part C should help you maintain it. Not always though. Depends on your system and how much it consumes
By design, Part C should not raise anything, including magnesium. Just offset the alk and calcium. That I get. But in the BRS instructions for their Pharma Hybrid Dosing, they make it sound like they intend the magnesium part dosed in equal amounts. Which struck me as wrong.

They need to fix that, and specify the Part C mixing amounts in milligrams instead of 4 scoops.

Other than that, it's a great improvement on basic 2 part.

Dennis

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got it Randy!

Thanks for crunching all the numbers!

I hope many good things will come to you :)

You are always so helpful and we are blessed to have you in the reefing community haha

Thanks!

Happy Reefing. :)

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By design, Part C should not raise anything, including magnesium. Just offset the alk and calcium. That I get. But in the BRS instructions for their Pharma Hybrid Dosing, they make it sound like they intend the magnesium part dosed in equal amounts. Which struck me as wrong.

They need to fix that, and specify the Part C mixing amounts in milligrams instead of 4 scoops.

Other than that, it's a great improvement on basic 2 part.

Dennis

TM specifies it in scoops and grams on their web site. Take your pick.

I see the problem. BRS seems confused about what these products do and they sell/advise to dose both my part 3 and the Balling Part C in the same package, but they are not intended to be used together.:

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back