BRStv Black Friday 2020 Live Streams!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Proteus Meep

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to see that it has finally dawned for Ryan that these NSA aquascapes should really be named NHSA as I like to call them.... No Hidding Space Aquascape, if keeping fish the aquascape should be designed primarily for their needs, ours are secondary ;)

ReefRxSWFL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The vid on 16 years of Saltwater Fish really was a home run. I was in my LFS last week, (prior to watching the vid) and found my self sick by the general condition of the fish. Its actually nothing new. Its just there is only one LFS Reef Shop in Southwest Florida,and needed something short notice. There was a Yellow Tang in the main system that looked like someone threw it on the ground stepped on it and threw it back in the tank. They were asking $140.... Really?!

Folks need to stop buying from these places. They don't belong in business if thats the condition they keep animals. I'm happy to drive 2 hours to Miami and give business to one of the stores that seem to care about the animals they sell.

OP
OP
Bulk Reef Supply

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The vid on 16 years of Saltwater Fish really was a home run. I was in my LFS last week, (prior to watching the vid) and found my self sick by the general condition of the fish. Its actually nothing new. Its just there is only one LFS Reef Shop in Southwest Florida,and needed something short notice. There was a Yellow Tang in the main system that looked like someone threw it on the ground stepped on it and threw it back in the tank. They were asking $140.... Really?!

Folks need to stop buying from these places. They don't belong in business if thats the condition they keep animals. I'm happy to drive 2 hours to Miami and give business to one of the stores that seem to care about the animals they sell.
Real bummer to hear about the Yellow Tang, but hopefully as we go into the future, more and more reefers will take a similar approach to the one that you've taken and look at these fish as pets rather than "just fish."

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back