Bruised Zoas??

Evan West

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So they kinda closed up the other day and now have been open a few days again but went from the top pic to the bottom....No noted changes in the tank.....kinda puzzled.
20180209_215108.jpg
20180301_164618.jpg

OP
OP
Evan West

Evan West

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only time that zoas loose color is mag too high or alk too high or low. Make sure your test kits are not over 1 year old.
The other problem is my other zoas are un phased and doing fine these are the only ones doing this.

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The other problem is my other zoas are un phased and doing fine these are the only ones doing this.
I believe zoas have a timer and they melt for no reason leaving 1 or 2 to grow again lol. Sorry maybe in the future when everything is monitored in our tanks we will know why after months or years of corals doing ok from one day to another they melt

OP
OP
Evan West

Evan West

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe zoas have a timer and they melt for no reason leaving 1 or 2 to grow again lol. Sorry maybe in the future when everything is monitored in our tanks we will know why after months or years of corals doing ok from one day to another they melt
Lol they havent melted tho they just look bruised like that

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This just happened with our red hornets. Blue hornets are taking there place but just a few reds survived.

larangcon

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_4428.JPG
IMG_4429.JPG
I suspected the same thing in my tank Josh, I used to dose amino every other day and recently changed to every day and this is what I have now

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.2%
Back