Brute Rollout with wheels for mixing station?

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone ever used a Rubbermaid Brute Rollout (basically a square-ish Brute with 2 wheels) to mix and transport saltwater?

Couple of concerns if it can hold the weight of saltwater and if it’s safe like the regular Brute containers many of us use.

thanks in advance

S2G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a lot of weight on wheels not designed for it and I think you'll end up rubbing a hole in the can sliding it around.

They make those round brute carts that fit the bottom for around $25. I use harbor freight 1k furniture dollies if I need to move it around, but I have my cans in a corner then use long hoses. All my stuff is in the basement

TankYou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the round brute with the 5 wheel dolly underneath. The two wheeler seems a bad idea as it could either slosh when moving it or lol if you lose control and wipe out with it when it’s sloshing. Money well spent to avoid disaster.

TheKyle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never used one but since it only has two wheels you would have to tip it slightly to move. Could be troublesome to control the weight of shifting water unless you are the worlds strongest man/woman.

You can buy circlular dollies that fit normal brute cans that lock in. Even with these I had one tip over incident when trying to break the rollers loose on carpet. When a lot of water starts shifting it’s bad news. Had to rip up all that carpet but it was going to be replaced anyways. Roller work much better on hard floors.

samnaz

Earthling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never used one but since it only has two wheels you would have to tip it slightly to move. Could be troublesome to control the weight of shifting water unless you are the worlds strongest man/woman.
I agree. Main concern is when it's full it'll be difficult or impossible to move on your own.

PatW

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the round brute with the 5 wheel dolly underneath. The two wheeler seems a bad idea as it could either slosh when moving it or lol if you lose control and wipe out with it when it’s sloshing. Money well spent to avoid disaster.

I use this too. It is easy to wheel from my mixing station to the tank if you have hard floors.

OP
OP
M

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep. Thanks for helping me think this through. I’ll try to find a utility cart or something that I can secure a Brute to and worry a lot less about tipping over

jsvand5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the normal round brute can but even with that the wheels broke on one of mine and I have a near disaster. Since then I don’t use wheel and just run tubing to the tank. The wheels also made depressions in my hardwood floors. They are just not meant to hold that much weight apparently

OP
OP
M

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the normal round brute can but even with that the wheels broke on one of mine and I have a near disaster. Since then I don’t use wheel and just run tubing to the tank. The wheels also made depressions in my hardwood floors. They are just not meant to hold that much weight apparently
I understand what you’re saying. I’m looking for something with 4”-5” wheels that can carry 500 pounds or so. Hopefully the wider and larger wheels will be a bit easier to roll etc.

Back