BRUTUS....

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So our almost 3" emerald crab that we moved from our 32 to the 75 because he was causing terror on corals and clams is at it again.

The 75 is really brand new. I'll do a build thread when I get all the pics together just for the fun of it........however

We have started adding wish with no problem. So we thought we would try a pink and yellow dottyback. Cute little fish, likes to hide in the rocks and has a great behavior. Well I woke up this morning to pieces of him all over the tank and BRUTUS sitting on top of the highest rock with his arms folded looking at me, I swear he was laughing at me!

Well now the hunt begins for him again. He is going to be removed and taken to the LFS where he can terrorize someone else's tank or someone can give him a better home than I!

DISCLAIMER: NOT ALL EMERALDS ARE DEGENERATES AND ROUGES JUST THE 3 I HAVE

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Unfortunately that is the way it goes sometimes, but I hate that for you and for the dottyback.

OP
OP
MERKEY

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
A 3” emerald? I didn’t think they got that big. Are you sure it’s an emerald?
Ya he's probably just over 2" when olding his arms but when he reaches out for food floating or to push a fish away I could swear he's at the 3" mark or more. He's just over 2 years old and I'm sure he's an emerald. I'll snap a pic when he comes out again. It's like he knows I'm going to get him this time so he hasn't been out all day! (More realistically he is full from the meal and is sleeping in the rocks haha)

OP
OP
MERKEY

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is him a few months ago in the 32g. That carpet nems on the right is all sucked up but still around 4" like that. Just for reference of size a few months ago. He's a good 2+" at this point lol I'm sure he's grown now.

Screenshot_20191103-173010_Gallery.jpg

Bret Brinkmann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about the fish. :( This is why I don't have any kind of crab in my tank. When they hold their claws out they are fishing. When got back into this hobby I bought LR from a guy who had emeralds and some fish in a tank. The livestock were supposed to keep algae at bay until the LR was sold. That emerald cut a fish in half. I asked what kind of crab it was and told myself to never get one.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a sump you could banish him to. Sump Lord.

OP
OP
MERKEY

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm guessing either human children or cats?
Both of those and my wife brought a ferret home Aa few years ago who can get into anything within seconds. She does tricks and goes with the cats which is great but she is too smart for her own good.

But when they are gone....SUMP TIME!!

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.9%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 166 72.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.2%
Back