BTA closed up for weeks

  • Thread starter Thread starter Floyd-
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Floyd-

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 28, 2021
Messages
990
Reaction score
745
Location
Fort Walton Beach, FL
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two BTA in my 45gallon tank but they have been closed for a while. Maybe once a week they move around the tank but never open. I try feeding them (not sure it matters when they are closed) I have 250+ PAR lighting where they are at. Parameters are such:
Temp-76.6f
Salinity-1.025
PH-8.1
dKH-7.3
Phosphate-.06
Mag-1410
Cal-390
I have two random direction nozzles on the return and have 2 powerheads.

Any ideas?
 
When anemones are dying they often just shrivel away. I would do a water change and hope to see emprovement. They need to settle into a spot, open up to capture light and extend the tentacles to capture prey. If they are not doing this they need another place to live.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new