BTA dying?

hmount

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone. This is my first post on here so I'll get right to it.

My tank had a random algae bloom last week and ever since recovery my Green Bubble Tip Anemone has been acting strange. It detached itself from the rock and shrunk to an alarmingly small size. I put it back on a different rock and it seemed fine: extended its bubbles and looked normal, then I checked back and it was on the sand again.

Note I recently added a cleaner shrimp (I have two now), and I believe it might be disturbing it. Here are some pictures of it on the rock, on the sand, and with white light on the sand.
IMG_1502.jpg
IMG_1504.jpg
IMG_1505.png

Anyone know what's going on or what I should do?
Thanks

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not looking good! Hard to help without knowing anything about your tank, size. age, parameters, lighting. What did you do to treat algae issue? Right off the bat your tank looks too new for a BTA.
Welcome to R2R.

Chris Borges

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i looks to be declining hows the mouth look? if its gaping open not a good sign

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! From the looks that tank is pretty new. If it is I don't think the nem will survive. Usually want to wait 9 months to abyear before getting one. Are your parameters good? What lighting?

OP
OP
H

hmount

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All Parameters fine, sorry forgot to add. The salt level is normal, I run the use a Radion XR15 and using the AB+ template for 9 hrs a day. The tank is 65 gallons, a few months old now. Before the bloom, it seemed to be doing great. I have a green star polyp, sebae anemone (doing fine), clove polyp, and a green bubble coral (doing fine) - as for fish i have two small clowns and one small blue tang, and a handful of snails. I treated the bloom by adding a filter bag (forgot name), and stability liquid by seachem (recommended by local store employee).

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesn't look good. I jumped the gun on getting a nem too early also. Keep a close eye but be ready to remove it. Hopefully it works out!

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All Parameters fine, sorry forgot to add. The salt level is normal, I run the use a Radion XR15 and using the AB+ template for 9 hrs a day. The tank is 65 gallons, a few months old now. Before the bloom, it seemed to be doing great. I have a green star polyp, sebae anemone (doing fine), clove polyp, and a green bubble coral (doing fine) - as for fish i have two small clowns and one small blue tang, and a handful of snails. I treated the bloom by adding a filter bag (forgot name), and stability liquid by seachem (recommended by local store employee).
What you consider fine may in fact not be fine! What stability liquid?

dvgyfresh

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experience keeping nems of different species can lead to chemical warfare leaving only one nem the victor

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back