Bta help

eli_p

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys first time on this website I have had my bta for a few months however it looks funny also I just got one a week ago and he doesn’t like to stick to anything all my water parameters are correct I was wondering if this could be do to to much light

image.jpg image.jpg

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they don’t like the amount of light, they will move closer to the top or the shade of the bottom, same is true of flow.

When they will not stick, that is not good, healthy nems stick. Could be bleached somewhat.

I’m not sure what “looks funny” means.

Water chemistry is critical, nutrients stable and consistently available. what are the great numbers and what flux do they have?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hey guys first time on this website I have had my bta for a few months however it looks funny also I just got one a week ago and he doesn’t like to stick to anything all my water parameters are correct I was wondering if this could be do to to much light

image.jpg image.jpg
This often happens when there is too much light or water flows as well as high phosphate levels. My suspect is flow. Flow should be subtle where tentacles are slowly and not vigourously. While they need light for production of zooxanthellae which is their energy source, too much will cause hem to move and too little and they shrivel up or climb.

OP
OP
E

eli_p

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they don’t like the amount of light, they will move closer to the top or the shade of the bottom, same is true of flow.

When they will not stick, that is not good, healthy nems stick. Could be bleached somewhat.

I’m not sure what “looks funny” means.

Water chemistry is critical, nutrients stable and consistently available. what are the great numbers and what flux do they have
By looks funny I just meant the one that has sticker looks like he might now be healthy also this is the one that was in the back as he still is but looking better now I haven’t changed anything yet but do you recommend that I do so he can stick? I just got him about a week ago

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    188.9 KB · Views: 22

Uncle99

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If he sticks, that’s good.
You can’t make the other stick and he will go where he’s comfortable.

If it’s bouncing around, place it in a corner with no flow a couple of hours…..he should stick if he’s not stressed or has some foot damage.

Maintain stable water chemistry and would not feed.

We want both to stick and stop moving.

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 129 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.3%
Back