RFA and BTA fighting for same crevice

Nemoreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added a tiny RFA about 12 days ago and and a tiny BTA 4 days ago. RFA settled into where I put it but never came out of the rock. BTA decided to hide for first two days and it decided to move right next to RFA yesterday. It was there for the whole day and last night it looks like it went inside the small crevice that RFA is in. All morning they were fighting to extend out to the light but it looks like RFA won and it covered the opening completely. Now the BTA is stuck inside. Should I do anything to get the BTA out?

OP
OP
N

Nemoreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• 20240320_153411.jpg
    20240320_153411.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 25
OP
OP
N

Nemoreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had a similar thing happen. BTA killed the RFA. If you are able to get at the foot of the RFA or bubble tip and sort of "tickle" it, you can probably dislodge one and move it. Otherwise my money's on the BTA in this grudge match
Oh no!! That's not good. The legs are buried deep into the rocks. I am hoping that the BTA kicks out RFA and RFA finds a new place. I think the BTA is still adjusting to the tank and that is probably why RFA is covering BTA.

OP
OP
N

Nemoreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an update. After staying inside the cave for almost 4 days, BTA somehow moved out overnight and kept moving around the tank and finally decided to settle right next to RFA again.
1000016169.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.5%
Back