BTA Hiding

  • Thread starter Thread starter MikeO5422
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

MikeO5422

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 22, 2016
Messages
275
Reaction score
186
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I got my first BTA a few days ago. During his first night he crawled into a large cave in the Rock and seems to have settled there. It does get some light but not much. Wondering if he will ever make his way out towards the light? Maybe he is just acclimating to the new light? Not sure!
 
Nems do what nems do. I have one that went under a rock for months, then finally came out and he was all bleached out, lol... It is pretty rare for them to go into hiding for that long though.

They definitely go through an acclimation period to get used to their new home. Just be patient and do not try to 'force' it... It will likely come out and show off in no time :)
 
Thanks. No luck yet. In fact I think he receded more! We'll see!
 
He finally came out! Looks awesome!
20171112_181256.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new