BTA issue/help?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Reefling
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Reefling

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 9, 2017
Messages
68
Reaction score
13
Location
Lochbiue
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the little guys is doing poorly and I don't get why, the one next to him is perfectly healthy but he's not so hot...
1507248734973497235772.jpg
help please
 
Folks are going to need more info to help -

How old is the tank?
Parameters?
What kind of lighting?
How long have you had them?

If I'm looking at the picture right the "bad" looking one's mouth appears to be pretty tight, so thats good.
 
Folks are going to need more info to help -

How old is the tank?
Parameters?
What kind of lighting?
How long have you had them?

If I'm looking at the picture right the "bad" looking one's mouth appears to be pretty tight, so thats good.
The tank has 4 and a half months on it I know its early but I've tried my best to make it work, they were originally one and it split, they were both perfectly healthy on split, they later moved and they were both about doing the same as the little one but i moved them there and the good one perked up.

All the parameters are at 0 for ammonia nitrate nitrite, the ph is at 8.4 salinity is 27

I've had them a month now
 
The tank is also a reestablished 5 year old tank
 
@Amoo is one of the best authorities on nems

You may have to take it out and treat it in a Hospital tank
 
Wait salinity is 27?
 
Wait salinity is 27?

That sounds pretty low to me, but I mostly measure in specific gravity. Thats a ~1.020 in sg using this fancy online converter.

I always thought they should be in the 1.025 area....'least thats where I keep my BTAs.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new