BTA needs help

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tan nguyen
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Tan nguyen

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 2, 2021
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Location
Ho chi minh
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello friends,
I’m new here. I got some problems with bubble tips anemone. Pls help.
Recently, I’ve bought a orang bubble tips, and you can see it’s quite happy in photo 1. And maybe after 2 weeks, it loses its color, and appears like in the photo number 2. It looks quite weak and does not stick on the rocks. Anyone knows how to deal with this. Pls help me.
20210524_184414.jpg
received_232105615343666.jpeg
 
Parameters, tank age and lighting?
Tank age: 1 year
Lighting: radion x30 (ab+ 80%) (6 hours for white light and 6 hours for blue light)
Parameter: sg: 1025
Temperature: 78F
I only keep LPS in this tank
 
Do you have adequate nitrate in the tank? Also how did you acclimate it to the lighting.
Maybe start by turning your lights down a touch. On a positive note it looks like it’s mouth is still nice and closed.
 
Tank age: 1 year
Lighting: radion x30 (ab+ 80%) (6 hours for white light and 6 hours for blue light)
Parameter: sg: 1025
Temperature: 78F
I only keep LPS in this tank
Phosphate, nitrate and alkalinity?
 
Phosphate, nitrate and alkalinity?
Usually BTA are quite hardy once they settle in. I keep my tank at 8-9 alkalinity and 10-15 nitrate. They do all sorts of things that will make you concerned at first. After a while you get accustomed to them. If keeping LPS successfully BTA shouldn't be having issues.
 
Tank age: 1 year
Lighting: radion x30 (ab+ 80%) (6 hours for white light and 6 hours for blue light)
Parameter: sg: 1025
Temperature: 78F
I only keep LPS in this tank

That doesn't tell us enough. What are your pH and ALK numbers?

Really, a full listing of all your latest water test numbers would be useful.
 
That doesn't tell us enough. What are your pH and ALK numbers?

Really, a full listing of all your latest water test numbers would be useful.
Ok tks you. I will check the ph and alk numbers again
 
Do you have adequate nitrate in the tank? Also how did you acclimate it to the lighting.
Maybe start by turning your lights down a touch. On a positive note it looks like it’s mouth is still nice and closed.
Ok tks you. I think i need to observe it more
 
Ok tks you. I think i need to observe it more

You want to start keeping a notebook of your chemistry numbers and test every two weeks, even when things are looking good. Weekly when there are issues.

Your chemistry numbers are something you should be able to provide quickly.
 
You want to start keeping a notebook of your chemistry numbers and test every two weeks, even when things are looking good. Weekly when there are issues.

Your chemistry numbers are something you should be able to provide quickly.
Ok. Thank you so much. I will do as your advice.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new