BTA question

ajremington68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, got a couple rainbow BTA and I put one where I wanted it to go and it stayed which is amazing, but I got a buy one get 3 free and the other ones have decided to wedge themselves all between the same rock and it’s been about 14 hours since I have added them, five or take. I don’t want them really to be wedged in between the rock because I won’t be able to see them can you move them and make them go find a spot again or should you leave them and just leave them be?

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't ever more an anemone unless it's to be taken put and treated for something or sold. They will move to where they want to be.

As long as you have a mature system, moderate flow and good lighting, they will find their happy place.

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, got a couple rainbow BTA and I put one where I wanted it to go and it stayed which is amazing, but I got a buy one get 3 free and the other ones have decided to wedge themselves all between the same rock and it’s been about 14 hours since I have added them, five or take. I don’t want them really to be wedged in between the rock because I won’t be able to see them can you move them and make them go find a spot again or should you leave them and just leave them be?

Let them be.

You must understand that Anemones will move to areas of the tank that have light intensity and flow to their liking. You can't force them to stay where you want them.

OP
OP
ajremington68

ajremington68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't ever more an anemone unless it's to be taken put and treated for something or sold. They will move to where they want to be.

As long as you have a mature system, moderate flow and good lighting, they will find their happy place.
Even if you can’t see it? Is that just part of the trouble with them?

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even if you can’t see it? Is that just part of the trouble with them?
They're hiding due to stress of being in a new environment. You getting hands on will just add to the stress and will end with them hiding again.

OP
OP
ajremington68

ajremington68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let them be.

You must understand that Anemones will move to areas of the tank that have light intensity and flow to their liking. You can't force them to stay where you want them.
Darn okay, hope those suckers come out want to enjoy them, they have so many more colors that the pictures. Truly understand the hype behind them

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, it has only been 14 hours since adding them, you must give them time to acclimate.

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alrighty, thank you
Some of mine hid for a week or 2. Trying to relocate runs the risk of tearing their foot and causing even more stress.

Once you add an anemone, it's their tank now. If other coral become threatened, you move the coral, not the nem.

fodsod

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with everyone else. Just leave them to sort out their locations.

It took my BTA about 3 weeks before it found it's happy place. It moved daily (some spots I couldn't even see it) but eventually it settled in a great place where I can see it perfectly.

They love light and moderate to high flow so the odds are good they'll end up somewhere where you can see them since most tanks are set up with lighting and flow that are predominantly in easily viewed areas.

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back