New BTA

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello to all, I just got a rainbow BTA this weekend from a friend. So far at least, it seems okay. staying open. But my question is it moved to the underside of some live rock, so now it is not only hanging upside down, but due to that, it is not gettinga great amount of light. I do know it is best to leave them alone and let them do their own thing, which I am fine with. But will it be okay as it is? Our should I try moving into a better lighting position? I would assume ( and we all know what assuming does) it is perfectly able to move into a better lighting position on it's own. I am just concerned that it is upside down and out of the light.

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello to all, I just got a rainbow BTA this weekend from a friend. So far at least, it seems okay. staying open. But my question is it moved to the underside of some live rock, so now it is not only hanging upside down, but due to that, it is not gettinga great amount of light. I do know it is best to leave them alone and let them do their own thing, which I am fine with. But will it be okay as it is? Our should I try moving into a better lighting position? I would assume ( and we all know what assuming does) it is perfectly able to move into a better lighting position on it's own. I am just concerned that it is upside down and out of the light.
Anemones will move to an area where the light and flow is to their liking.

A common mistake is when people try to relocate an anemone to a more desirable spot in the tank. They usually pick themselves up and move again to a spot they find preferable.

OP
OP
Sophie"s mom

Sophie"s mom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anemones will move to an area where the light and flow is to their liking.

A common mistake is when people try to relocate an anemone to a more desirable spot in the tank. They usually pick themselves up and move again to a spot they find preferable.
Lol, agreed. My biggest concern, I guess is if it okay for them to just hang out upside down. I assume he will just move when and where ready. I just know from research they tend to like moderate flow and light, neither of which does it have currently.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, agreed. My biggest concern, I guess is if it okay for them to just hang out upside down. I assume he will just move when and where ready. I just know from research they tend to like moderate flow and light, neither of which does it have currently.
Mine prefers zero flow and high light lol… I think because the breeders I get mine from raise them in baskets they’re used to not having flow… mine stays in the lowest flow it can find in my tank! It’s kinda annoying haha!

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Let it be. It will settle in and thrive if the tank conditions are right.

ReeferLou

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Enjoy! I started with the small 1 in my singature pic and it grew and split 2 times. I always enjoy watching them - but they can take over.
IMG_3648.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back