bubble algae eater????

  • Thread starter Thread starter ahayes13
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ahayes13

In a reefin' haze
View Badges
Joined
Jul 14, 2008
Messages
2,581
Reaction score
30
Location
Brandon, FL
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well i have some bubble algae for the first time and was wondering what the smallest reef safe fish is that will do a good job eating the bubble?
i put in some emeralds but so far they arent eating any of it... just the hair algae that i had.
 
Emarald Crabs. Make sure its the one with the hour glass shape on there underside. I have found they are the only ones that eat the bubble algae. I have 2 in my 72g and bubble algae is not a problem anymore.
 
What size is your tank? I watched as my Naso Tang destroyed all the bubble algae in my 135, but they don't work well in Nano tanks! ;)
 
If you find a smaller Naso, it should be fine for a while. They are MUCH better then a crab, or several crabs if you ask me!
 
well i dont really like the crabs... honestly they kinda freak me out.. :)
but i was doing my best to get rid of the algae without getting a big fish.....
 
Watch out for the emeralds. They can become pains when they get bigger. I even saw one snapping coralites off a cali tort before.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 36.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.8%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 11.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new