Bubble Algae

Crowned_Sock

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 21, 2026
Messages
67
Reaction score
47
Location
Dallas
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed some bubble algae in my 29 gallons and I am wondering what I can do to nip it in the bud?

IMG_6035.jpeg
 
I’ve found really good luck with emerald crabs. They made quick work of mine. There’s a couple they simply couldn’t reach but my toothbrush and syphon made quick work of them. Trick is don’t pop the bubbles.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new