Bubble algae

NanaReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well first it has to be introduced into your tank. Then it goes from there. You can have the cleanest of tanks and still it will thrive. Light, nutrients and phosphates feed it.
There are a few ways of removing it. Manually, without breaking the bubbles. Some Emerald Crabs are known to love it.
Keep your excess nutrients down. Siphon out the bubbles during a water change is what I do. This way I'm sure to get any loosened spores.
It's a battle! Just don't give up :)

OP
OP
rjcranor

rjcranor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure how it was introduced to my tank. I did remove three of my rocks and removed the bubble algae and rinsed them off. Hopefully it won't come back.

7hogwarts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've heard don't break the bubbles as well. However, when an emerald crab eats them, they break them. I don't put much into if you break them they will spread. Don't know if it's true but I've heard that only the male emerald crabs eat them. And to sex them, males have a large claw.

OP
OP
rjcranor

rjcranor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a clam. The last time I had a emerald crab and added a clam. The crab ate my clam. Don't want another clam eaten.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 23 35.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 21 32.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 17.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.1%
Back