Bubble Algae

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Possibly shrimp. And imo, re-evaluate the rest of your cuc as well. Although they may not eats the adults, many species will eat the young spores. Like peppermint shrimp with aptasia. I've noted a similar thing with too many asterina and my stomatella population.

One way to id a tunicate is to look very closely in still water for the siphons. You should be able to see them on owning and closing their mouth.

If it is a tunicate you may need to put the tank on a diet. No aminos , rinse your food etc. they are filter feeders. So a combo of both predators and diet.

If it's an algae spreading that fast, you may need to consider a nuclear option like vibrant.

OP
OP
K

kilgoretrout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Possibly shrimp. And imo, re-evaluate the rest of your cuc as well. Although they may not eats the adults, many species will eat the young spores. Like peppermint shrimp with aptasia. I've noted a similar thing with too many asterina and my stomatella population.

One way to id a tunicate is to look very closely in still water for the siphons. You should be able to see them on owning and closing their mouth.

If it is a tunicate you may need to put the tank on a diet. No aminos , rinse your food etc. they are filter feeders. So a combo of both predators and diet.

If it's an algae spreading that fast, you may need to consider a nuclear option like vibrant.

Dang man, you are good. I started adding aminos to see what would happen. I noticed that when I add them, I get a bigger spike in growth.

Perfect idea on the CUC. I will check them out and see how I can swap in and get to like it. I hardly keep CUC in my QT anyway. Could be why its growing quicker. Its a pretty sterile system which is why I am confused that this stuff is growing.

I will start to cut any aminos out and slow down on any feeding.

I'll try that for a bit and see what happens. I just ordered Vibrant to have on hand. Thanks again!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%

Back