Bubble coral ate Krill?!?

TinnysReef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 6, 2023
Messages
211
Reaction score
209
Location
Grand Forks
What state or country do you live in
North Dakota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was feeding my frog fish Marvin and he ignored a piece of krill. The bubble coral kind of grabbed it … and ate it! You can kind of see the pink in the middle of the bubble coral in the picture - that’s the krill! Anyone else seen this? I thought krill were too big for corals to eat.
8DD07743-800B-4DA6-9F70-0EF88543F692.jpeg
 
Some LPS corals and some softies (various mushroom) have mouths and will move food into them.
 
So I was feeding my frog fish Marvin and he ignored a piece of krill. The bubble coral kind of grabbed it … and ate it! You can kind of see the pink in the middle of the bubble coral in the picture - that’s the krill! Anyone else seen this? I thought krill were too big for corals to eat.
8DD07743-800B-4DA6-9F70-0EF88543F692.jpeg
I feed mine mysis but like anemones, this coral will take in any source of food and if it doesnt like it, will eject it. Same applies to meat corals, and others with feeding mouths such as acan and candy canes.
 
I feed mine mysis but like anemones, this coral will take in any source of food and if it doesnt like it, will eject it. Same applies to meat corals, and others with feeding mouths such as acan and candy canes.
Yeah I usually feed mysis I did not think coral would go for krill!

1682987211060.gif
 
Yeah I usually feed mysis I did not think coral would go for krill!

1682987211060.gif
In this hobby, anything that can fit in another's mouth - SOONER OR LATER WILL
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new