Bubble King deluxe 200

joe0813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to find some reviews on this skimmer but striking out., looked on YouTube and BRS. Figured maybe here will have some first hand experience on the skimmer. Looking to get a new skimmer since my Reef octopus POV Dc3 keeps overflowing randomly, wont keep a foam head and is about 8 years old. The acrylic body is also starting to crack and i'm just unhappy with the skimmer at this point. Was leaning towards the Bubble King deluxe 200 with the red dragon 3 pump because ive read BK is the Lamborghini of the skimmers but wanted to see if there was any first hand reviews since it isn't the cheapest of skimmers. Any info would be great

Jbell370

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought BRS did a review on the line of Royal Exclusive, breaking down the Deluxe to be the most tunable flagship, Supermarin to be skimmer of choice for heavy wet skim take it all and mini to be the cost effective, less tunable all be it better than others skimmers. Personally I am looking for a new one and it will be Mini or Double Cone based on my needs. I currently have a Nyos and love it, but just always wanted a Bubble King.

OP
OP
joe0813

joe0813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I watched that one... Was trying to find people that have been running the skimmer for awhile for a longer term review

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run the bubble king double cone 200 and I love it, dead silent. I have not owned the deluxe, I would not pay for it on my next tank knowing how this one performs personally. Budget was not an issue for me and a fellow reefer gave me that same advice

OP
OP
joe0813

joe0813

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run the bubble king double cone 200 and I love it, dead silent. I have not owned the deluxe, I would not pay for it on my next tank knowing how this one performs personally. Budget was not an issue for me and a fellow reefer gave me that same advice
I will take a look at it.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 18.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 41 51.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back