Bubble King Double Cone 180 vs. Reef Octopus Elite 200SSS

mstgkillr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both basically the same price and roughly the same footprint. Any other differences between quality, longevity, performance, tank volume etc?

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both basically the same price and roughly the same footprint. Any other differences between quality, longevity, performance, tank volume etc?
Very happy with ro 150 elite. Dc pump, 5 speed adjustable, comes with cup overflow shutoff float switch.

Reefelite

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using the BK180 for 4 years and so far it’s worked perfectly. One thing to consider is a replacement pump if it ever burns out which I assume the RO is cheaper and more readily available. I was using a RE 80watt pump as my return pump but the controller stopped working after 3 years so they are not as bullet proof as marketed. I now have a $800 paperweight since the controller is not replaceable and I was offered a 25% discount on a new pump since it is not fixable. I own Reef Octopus power heads but the leds on the controllers burned out which is a common issue with their controllers but the pumps still work fine.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 128 42.8%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 104 34.8%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 47 15.7%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.7%
Back