• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Bubble Magus 3 head doser, mount and 3x dosing reservoir

Item Price
Selling Terms Of Service
  1. YES I have read the terms and agree to them
Shipping
YES shipping is available

Reefinmike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This unit is damaged and requires minor work

It came in a tank shutdown bought off of a friend and has been collecting dust for some time. He used it to dose no more than 3 gallons total on each head. During the chaos of the tank shutdown/move, the tote containing the doser and a bottle of liquid CaCl2 tipped over and some fluid found it’s way into the power supply port on the back of the doser. I cleaned up the best I could and didn’t plug it in until today- a year later. Corrosion inside the barrel connector prevents good power flow and it only powers up when you push on the rear of the plug. I cycled through the menu and manually ran each pump. Everything seems to be functioning just fine. I cracked the unit open to inspect for further damage and didn’t see any signs of salt entering anywhere else. No visible corrosion on the main circuit boards. I’m no electronics whiz but the little chip with the barrel connector seems to have a little corrosion/discoloration. I believe the little brown pill shaped thingey is a capacitor to maintain enough juice during a power outage to maintain clock and dosing settings. You may be able to fix it with a simple cleaning. Or resolder on a new barrel connector. Or remove the barrel connector and solder the wires directly to the board.

also included(if you want it) is a 3 chamber dosing reservoir with a little bit of crazing on a chamber but fully functional. Also a bubble magus doser mount with the side tabs broken off.

$50 for all, buyer pays shipping and paypal fees.

F6F1BE05-7569-4CD5-BF23-D614AF25D457.jpeg 853115E5-40DA-4EEC-A44B-3D44975B8714.jpeg 0179B403-BDF2-4DA0-B0F2-FFB615DDEE9B.jpeg D1B3548A-F5CA-4309-812A-B3E4563B7544.jpeg 8F9901B7-4DAB-48F8-87C3-6442D8A29AA6.jpeg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 26.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 33.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 30.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back