Bubble Magus Curve 5 - Bubble Level

kiwis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've plugged my brand new Curve 5 in. There's a setting 1,2,3 & MAX. Makes no difference what level I put it on.

The bubbles only go up my skimmer 3/4 maybe although I'm getting some bubbles and 3-4ml of brown water in my container.

Is this normal?

Attached some photos

IMG-0057.jpg
IMG-0058.jpg

Nate h

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When mine was new it took a few days to break in. How deep are you running it? I found mine worked the best around 6.5 inches of water.

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had similar issues with mine
Even once broke in , it would work great and out of the blue would over flow and couldn’t slow it down .

I have it packed away in the box it came in

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@kiwis I run a Curve 7 and really like it. as @Nate h points out, it takes a few days to break in. So just let it run for a few days and don't worry whether you're skimming. A few things I've learned.

First -- water depth is important. I think mine is around 9"-10" but the Curve 5 might be different.

Second -- the adjustment you're talking about is the water / air mix. It's "opposite" for what you might think (or maybe just me). The reference is to the amount of water in the mix, not air. So at "max" it's the most amount of water and "min" is the least amount of water. I have a 120G and typically run around 1 and I'm skimming pretty dry.

Third -- I set mine so that the bubbles are just forming in the neck just below the collection cup. It takes a while, but the skim mate will start to form and then eventually fall into the collection cup. But like I said, this is a few days at least.

There are also some great YouTube videos on setting up the Bubble Magus.

Good luck!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 47 36.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back