Bubble Magus curve 5

  • Thread starter Thread starter PaReeferJ
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

PaReeferJ

ADDICTED.......
View Badges
Joined
Feb 3, 2016
Messages
425
Reaction score
225
Location
Mechanicsburg, PA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i currently have a hob aqua C remora and I am looking to upgrade to a bubble magus curve 5. Has anyone used one of these skimmers? Any pros and cons?
 
Although I've never used one, I had researched them a while back and they seem to get pretty good reviews.
 
Picked it up Friday. It's a work horse.

image.jpg
 
Awesome...congrats.
 
JOY!! I have one on order for my new build. I need to start putting in the baffles for the sump, how deep do you have the water set at? i read that it likes 8-9 inches.
 
8 or 9 inches has been too deep for my system. I had it at 8 inches and it would overflow while set wide open. At one point the bubble plate may have been 1" deep and it would send head all the way to the cup set on 1. It was so shallow it would draw air into the skimmer intake lol
 
8 or 9 inches has been too deep for my system. I had it at 8 inches and it would overflow while set wide open. At one point the bubble plate may have been 1" deep and it would send head all the way to the cup set on 1. It was so shallow it would draw air into the skimmer intake lol
Did you ever figure out what the problem was?
 
I just checked mine and the n base is 3 3/4" under water with using the 2 setting. Plus I have a 10 foot airline going out a window attached to the air intake

20160208_213613.jpg


20160208_213633.jpg
 
My brother has a reef octopus 200 (something) and when he saw my curve 5 in action he almost cried
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 29.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.6%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new