bubble magus curve elite 5 very loud

djoetting

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys!
I just setup my bubble curve magus elite 5 and when I turn it on it is making a very loud humming sound. Anyone else ever hve this issue? When i block the air intake with my finger it goes silent. Not sure whats going on but would greatly appreciate some help.

OP
OP
D

djoetting

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vibration somewhere?
I took the whole thing apart and ran just the pump and even suspended in the water its still just as loud. Im guessing its a pump issue since it doesnt change when taking the pump out of the skimmer and just running the pump.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Using the silencer?

My curve 5 elite is super loud(sucking air), when I hook up the silencer it's pretty quiet.

You have the elite with the sicce pump?

BrianAnthony

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the issue is the fact that BRSTV videos aren't organized for newbies. I know when I started watching, I jumped in on advanced subjects. I'm not sure if they have a course for newbs that progresses from tank equipment to chemistry lessons to everything else. There's 52 wks of reefing, mistakes to avoid, other stuff that jumps around. I can see where newbs would be confused if they decided to start watching.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the issue is the fact that BRSTV videos aren't organized for newbies. I know when I started watching, I jumped in on advanced subjects. I'm not sure if they have a course for newbs that progresses from tank equipment to chemistry lessons to everything else. There's 52 wks of reefing, mistakes to avoid, other stuff that jumps around. I can see where newbs would be confused if they decided to start watching.
Wrong thread?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can always disassemble the Sicce pump - check out the impeller, o-rings and bearing. Maybe something is missing like an o-ring. Sicce's website has a handy schematic of each pump showing every single component and where it goes.

OP
OP
D

djoetting

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can always disassemble the Sicce pump - check out the impeller, o-rings and bearing. Maybe something is missing like an o-ring. Sicce's website has a handy schematic of each pump showing every single component and where it goes.
That was the first thing I did after taking the oump out and it bibrating on its own outside of the sump. Everything was intact and nothing was missing, its very wierd i had hoped that maybe taking it apart and putting it back together would fix the problem but unfortunately no luck. Still cant get a reply from bubble magus to see what they think so im guessing my next option is to try and return it where i bought it or suck it up and buy a new pump and hope that works.

Back