Bubble magus MINIQ help

ToSurfOrNot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone tell me why my miniq fills up in 6.2 seconds on the lowest setting in a 45 gallon AIO? Not much nutrients getting past the sponges and it’s in the center compartment above the pumps. Would have to remove the media in the intake to put it there.

DB3F9461-3897-43C3-96D9-8F3FCBEFC579.jpeg

MACHO

R-E-E-F-I-N-G What does that spell!! Money Pit!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone tell me why my miniq fills up in 6.2 seconds on the lowest setting in a 45 gallon AIO? Not much nutrients getting past the sponges and it’s in the center compartment above the pumps. Would have to remove the media in the intake to put it there.

DB3F9461-3897-43C3-96D9-8F3FCBEFC579.jpeg
from reading online that skimmer is for a 20 gallon tank.

OP
OP
T

ToSurfOrNot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
from reading online that skimmer is for a 20 gallon tank.
I don’t want a skimmer sized for my tank because I want to ensure I have some nutrients still. The problem is that it fills up instantly when turned on.

MACHO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t want a skimmer sized for my tank because I want to ensure I have some nutrients still. The problem is that it fills up instantly when turned on.
I would recommend maybe putting the skimmer higher up on a small block or something like that so that its not so far in the water I don't have much experience with nano skimmer but i would imagine that you can change the water level in the skimmer so i would try that first.

OP
OP
T

ToSurfOrNot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would recommend maybe putting the skimmer higher up on a small block or something like that so that its not so far in the water I don't have much experience with nano skimmer but i would imagine that you can change the water level in the skimmer so i would try that first.
It’s at the recommended water level currently. If anything evaporation should have lowered it by now a little bit.

MACHO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s at the recommended water level currently. If anything evaporation should have lowered it by now a little bit.
to me it sounds like you have too much water/air pushing into the tiny skimmer. like i mentioned before more than likely its undersized for the amount of feeding and fish that is in the tank. same way with my skimmer if i overfeed or dose a bioculture the skimmer will overfill which is probably what's happing with yours.

OP
OP
T

ToSurfOrNot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Turn the wheel clockwise untill the water is at the right level, see the manual.
Yeah it says that the water should come up with bubbles going slightly over. But I turn it as far as it goes and it just instantly fills up with water. Is it possible because the back compartment of the AIO is causing this?

Harold999

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it says that the water should come up with bubbles going slightly over. But I turn it as far as it goes and it just instantly fills up with water. Is it possible because the back compartment of the AIO is causing this?
Somewhere where i drew the red line there is a marking, the waterlevel within the column should be there (adjust it with the wheel).
IMG_20230122_044452.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back