Bubble magus

mudbucket72

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 8, 2014
Messages
124
Reaction score
2
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a nac6 for a 75 gal with 30 breeder sump so I'm guessing around 95-100 gal is this enough and is this a good brand of skimmer
 
Should be fine it's a great skimmer. When dialed in good they pull some nasty stuff out. We have the same skimmer.
 
I have two bm skimmers and they have been trouble free so far. Easy to set up and adjust. I would go with one that's rated for nearly twice the total volume of water in your system. Only drawback I've found is the pumps are large and a little noisy but I don't hear them in the stand anyway. There are better skimmers out there but I don't see the need to spend the extra money personally just to get a better quality pump. The skimmer design is pretty much the same for all the cone skimmers. I can see a better quality skimmer being required for those with high end equipment but for the average reefer it's probably more than enough. Of course I what to make it clean this is just my opinion and there's no topic on here that won't generate differing opinions.
 
I have a curve 7 on a 150 and it works great!
 
I've been looking at the BM Curve 7 and the Reef Octopus 225INT for the 125 gallon mixed reef I'm planning. Any thoughts on one versus the other?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 34.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new