Bubble thing on snail

  • Thread starter Thread starter Nrm
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Nrm

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 13, 2026
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Location
Cincinnati Ohio
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20260824_221131_4C2CA49A-707E-43AE-BF4E-AEC01506EE3B.png


20260824_221131_38E56BBF-BFAC-405E-99C1-FA5D12EEEB9D.png


20260824_221131_5424C00E-DD8A-4894-8100-3B33B0D61DB4.png


20260824_221131_F9911131-9445-41E3-81EE-CF8DA63A7BC8.png

Don’t mind the bad cyano outbreak I am working on it. What are these bubble looking things on this astrea snail?(or Trochus) they are hard and brittle.
 
Looks like valonia (bubble algae), I would take the snail out and remove that, and gently scrub the shell with some hydrogen peroxide with a small toothbrush (without getting it on the inside )
 
Looks like homeboy has a bubble algae hat! I’d remove like the other poster mentions
 
Looks like valonia (bubble algae)
Would bubble algae be hard and brittle?
I wouldn’t call it brittle but smaller bunches have been hard in my experience. You could just pop it…I’m a fan of popping it but not everyone is in that boat!
 
Just took care of it. Thank you guys
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new