Bubble tip anemone under grow light

  • Thread starter Thread starter Taby
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Taby

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 31, 2018
Messages
297
Reaction score
74
Location
Los Angeles
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently purchased 3 anemones and need to move some rockwork in my main display. Can the btas be kept in the sump under a purple/red plant grow light?
 
Are you asking if you can keep them there permanently or just temporarily while you move the rock around?
 
Unfortunately the only light I have in the sump is a purple/red light for cheato
You should be fine for a couple of days.
 
You could keep them indefinitely using a daylight 5k LED spot. It has all 3 colors needed. $20 from home center and you can use anything to screw the bulb in and plug it in. Clamp on. Not sure about only red spectrum plant light, but my gut thinks it would last longer than a few days but I don’t know for sure. If I was in Vegas I’d bet it would be fine for a long time. But I might lose.... white light is a sure bet.
 
You could keep them indefinitely using a daylight 5k LED spot. It has all 3 colors needed. $20 from home center and you can use anything to screw the bulb in and plug it in. Clamp on. Not sure about only red spectrum plant light, but my gut thinks it would last longer than a few days but I don’t know for sure. If I was in Vegas I’d bet it would be fine for a long time. But I might lose.... white light is a sure bet.
Thank you guys. I'll need to the aquascaping
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 21.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 29.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 7 7.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new