Bubble tip anemone

Abi.clarkson

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 9, 2020
Messages
17
Reaction score
2
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone be of any assistance and help me with this bubble tip anemone.

I recently got my first bubble tip anemone, not much help seems to be out there online. (Well not any info which is easy to understand without confusing me).

I don’t feel like this anemone is healthy (from what I’ve researched, apparently it’s dying).

I obviously don’t want it to die and need help on what I can do to make it happy and healthy.

thanks in advanced, abi x

BF8018DF-5B1C-44B4-BEF2-73E4A9EAD702.jpeg B3D5DBAC-01D1-47AA-8C1A-0E1677AE7B4C.jpeg
 
What is it doing that makes you believe that it is dying?
 
it’s constantly got its mouth out like the picture I attached if you’re able to see it? From the research I done it just said if it’s out like that then it’s most probably dying. Does it look healthy to you?
 
It’s an led wifi light, I’ll attach a picture of the lights. I did question perhaps I’ve got the colours wrong. But again I’m struggling to find good information on the internet of what lightings best for the anemone.

image.jpg
 
Hi it looks healthy to me. If we’re flat I would say so but it looks healthy to me thx
 
It looks healthy to me too, I believe that with the mouth out thing you got it mixed up with an open mouth? When an anemone has a wide open mouth for an extended period of time it is a sign of it not doing so well. Yours has its mouth closed from what i can see.
 
thank you so much for your help
 
Looks excellent to me, when the mouth is open you can see inside it. And that light you have can grow every type of anemone including clams and SPS.
 
Looks OK to me too.
Just let it settle for a week or 2 before trying to feed it. Eating can be more stressful than repairs when a new 'nem finds a home.
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 23.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new