Bubble Tip Help

dannyab84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!

Just wanted to try and find the cause of not being able to keep any healthy bubble tips. I have a mixed reef and for some reason Bubble tips do terrible. I have three frag tanks hooked up to my tank with three different lights Black box LEDs, T5's, and AI Vega's. I've tried to change them between them thinking a different light might make the perk up. I don't test my water anymore however, I am happy to test what ever you might think is the cause to the problem. I haven't had water quality problems for a long time now.

I attached a picture of one I have had now for probably a year and it started off about the size of a baseball. Now its smaller than a Dime. There are three different Bubble tips about the same size in the tank now too.

OP
OP
dannyab84

dannyab84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pic

IMG_4810.JPG

surfnsalt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!

Just wanted to try and find the cause of not being able to keep any healthy bubble tips. I have a mixed reef and for some reason Bubble tips do terrible. I have three frag tanks hooked up to my tank with three different lights Black box LEDs, T5's, and AI Vega's. I've tried to change them between them thinking a different light might make the perk up. I don't test my water anymore however, I am happy to test what ever you might think is the cause to the problem. I haven't had water quality problems for a long time now.

I attached a picture of one I have had now for probably a year and it started off about the size of a baseball. Now its smaller than a Dime. There are three different Bubble tips about the same size in the tank now too.
What do you feed them? How much?

OP
OP
dannyab84

dannyab84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With them being so small I have been feeding them large pellet food. I not sure of the Brand off the top of my head.

They pick it up In the current. Most of the time they drop it. So they may eat once a week.

surfnsalt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had trouble with my first nem because I wasn't feeding well. Get frozen silversides if they are to big cut them down. The problem is if it's starving and getting small and bleaching it's hard to get them to eat. In that case use mysis shrimp. Never force to eat. Hope this helps, lots of luck.

James7733

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank Picture sorry about all the racks and everything. was a quick picture.

FullSizeRender.jpg
If your nem is in ruff shape try microvert. Also remember if you try to feed meat items like shrimp ect that you need to place item in a container with some of the saltwater from your tank the BTA is in and let it get to the same temperature. Example: I bought a medium size sebae anemone from the local Petco that was clearly in bad shape. I elected to take it home because I knew if someone else that did not know how to help it back to health got it that it would most likely die. To help it I provided it with three types of lighting. Led, Halide and T-5. I made absolutely certain all water was RO/DI no straight tap or other. I tested all water parameters. It is now doing great along with two Haitians nems. I also made certain not to overdose iodine.

James7733

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With them being so small I have been feeding them large pellet food. I not sure of the Brand off the top of my head.

They pick it up In the current. Most of the time they drop it. So they may eat once a week.
Pellet food will not work. If it will not eat thawed meat items use liquid food such as microvert. There are also others. Read the lables to be sure they are for anemones.

Back