BubbleMagus Mini q very noisy

AquaLogic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m using the bm mini q in the back of my deskmate Florida. It works really well, but is really irritatingly noisy. Anyone else have this issue or a suggestion to fix it? It’s so annoying I’m thinking of taking it out even though it works so well.

tzabor10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m using the bm mini q in the back of my deskmate Florida. It works really well, but is really irritatingly noisy. Anyone else have this issue or a suggestion to fix it? It’s so annoying I’m thinking of taking it out even though it works so well.
Have you tried putting it on a timer? Then it could work while you are away

OP
OP
A

AquaLogic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you tried putting it on a timer? Then it could work while you are away
I could do that, it's hooked up to my Hydros system so scheduling would be easy. Would it be fine to just run it at night? I'm used to running skimmers 24/7.

tzabor10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could do that, it's hooked up to my Hydros system so scheduling would be easy. Would it be fine to just run it at night? I'm used to running skimmers 24/7.
A lot of equipment can be run part time. Jennifer Niels from New Wave Aquaria posted this in a video. Useful for when you don’t want to drop nutrients to zero. My GFO only runs for an hour a night. BRS uses ozone for an hour as well

OP
OP
A

AquaLogic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot of equipment can be run part time. Jennifer Niels from New Wave Aquaria posted this in a video. Useful for when you don’t want to drop nutrients to zero. My GFO only runs for an hour a night. BRS uses ozone for an hour as well
Thanks! I'll try running just at night! It really is a great little skimmer.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine was a little noisy, then I took it apart, didn’t really clean it, put it back together then very quiet…I have just swapped to the Bubble Magus from Tunze and the BM is silent compared to the Tunze.

OP
OP
A

AquaLogic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine was a little noisy, then I took it apart, didn’t really clean it, put it back together then very quiet…I have just swapped to the Bubble Magus from Tunze and the BM is silent compared to the Tunze.
Good to know. Now that I have it lower in the water it is quieter. I was considering Tunze, but the bubble magus is a fraction of the price and it works great.

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to know. Now that I have it lower in the water it is quieter. I was considering Tunze, but the bubble magus is a fraction of the price and it works great.
Tunze is worse in every regard, apart from it sits lower so less visible but this is probably why its much noisier and less effective.

I previously had a BM for only a week, loved having a skimmer so thought I would “upgrade” to the tunze, hated it from day one, just bought another BM today, fitted and its skimming within an hour silently (very light skim for now).

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 50 40.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back