Bubbles on torches

  • Thread starter Thread starter BigBabich
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

BigBabich

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 29, 2023
Messages
60
Reaction score
33
Location
Boston
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have this torch about 6 months. It's got this big membrain bubble things. No idea what's going on. Had them about 3 months.

20230906_212608.jpg
 
Found a post on here.
Someone said euphyllia does this sometime when splitting or growing a new head.
Never seen this on my other torches.
 
Last edited:
Found a post on here.
Someone said euphyllia does this sometime when splitting or growing a new head.
Never seen this on my other torches.
Interesting, I haven’t heard this but one of my torches is doing this currently too. It’s been that way for a bit (2-3weeks or so) so I’m not too concerned but just an interesting result if it’s true. How’s yours doing?

IMG_0009.jpeg
 
One of my hammers is doing this currently in between the gap where heads are splitting
 
I can’t recall with my torches but it happens with my frogspawn and hammers during a split. I would assume the same for torches, I wouldn’t worry and just keep an eye on it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 51 34.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 21 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new