Bubbletip Anemone Question

Flyangler33

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey All,

So a friend of mine gave me a bubble tip from his tank on sunday. The extraction process was a little rough and a portion of the foot was damaged. That being said he is in the new tank and did attach itself to a rock, its lightly inflated, but was curious if there is anything I can give it to maybe help it out a little bit extra? Or just take it easy on the flow and monitor it? Any help is greatly appreciated.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
let it run its course. BTA's are very hardy/resilient if given stable water conditions.

if it attached itself, that is a good sign.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
It is a little over 2 months old, water parameters have been pretty stable for the last month.
tank is arguably too new to house the BTA, but as long as you keep your water stable i believe it should be okay.

resortez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if you already do but you can dose iodine to help with the healing process. Iodine is great for all other corals & inverts as well.

OP
OP
F

Flyangler33

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if you already do but you can dose iodine to help with the healing process. Iodine is great for all other corals & inverts as well.
I do not, but will definitely look into it. Much appreciated!

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 35.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 11 13.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 31.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 15 17.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back