OP
Ulm_nano_diybudgetreef

Ulm_nano_diybudgetreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What corals you plan on having?
Mixed reef, xenia on the island to the left, some mushrooms, torch, acans, blasto, candy canes, monti cap and encrusting, plus 2 sps sticks but not sure what as yet (they r a long way off). Maybe some zoas but not sure yet

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mixed reef, xenia on the island to the left, some mushrooms, torch, acans, blasto, candy canes, monti cap and encrusting, plus 2 sps sticks but not sure what as yet (they r a long way off). Maybe some zoas but not sure yet
Torchs have long sweeper tentacles then can stretch 12", another than that I guess your fine, Montis do get big though.

OP
OP
Ulm_nano_diybudgetreef

Ulm_nano_diybudgetreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Torchs have long sweeper tentacles then can stretch 12", another than that I guess your fine, Montis do get big though.
Yes these 2 r my concern, but from what I've been told, the torches only sting when fighting for floor space (realestate) to continue growing. As for the monti cap I guess I better enjoy the hobby and upgrade or frag... lol theres no monti police so I'm happy about that

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes these 2 r my concern, but from what I've been told, the torches only sting when fighting for floor space (realestate) to continue growing. As for the monti cap I guess I better enjoy the hobby and upgrade or frag... lol theres no monti police so I'm happy about that
Yeah, just frag the monti

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@... LOLZ - Sounds like your pets must be related to my fire clowns!
Damien the male clown is a angel but my female clown thinks that I am yummy food, he used to lick me when I put my finger in the tank but when I put in a hand, he literally goes back and charges me at very fast speed. I wanted a cute clown, not a satin! I thought Ocellaris were nice clowns.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

TriggersAmuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought Ocellaris were nice clowns.
The only nice clown.....
nemo

OP
OP
Ulm_nano_diybudgetreef

Ulm_nano_diybudgetreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
By the way, if you want to get ambitious, your use of a canister filter reminded me of NinjaFish's "floating cube", where the canister was close looped with the inputs drilled at the very bottom center of the tank:

That's very cool and and awesome idea, def worth considering on my next tank. My filter is well oversized for this tank so might still be suitable on the next one

OP
OP
Ulm_nano_diybudgetreef

Ulm_nano_diybudgetreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What lights are you going to be using?
Aquaknight A029, it seems to have appropriate PAR for this size tank to grow mixed reef with consideration for SPS positioning.

The fixture is $60US, which pretty good value for money especially if it suits the tank size and depth

Heres a link for PAR readings that someone did on youtube

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fair Enough, for the xenia you said you wanted, you'd need an island because xenia is like a weed and I think I sent you to the wrong website for the Euphyllia, I meant Ocean Reefs Marine. I might have been correct though.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 27.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 33.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 31.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back