Build thread? Picture thread!

The green hair algae mess im dealing with.
I actually scrubbed the walls today with a brush. Next I need to chip away at the pink and purple. Pull more hair algae. Lol.
D
 

Attachments

  • 20220126_130747.jpg
    20220126_130747.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 47
Who woulda guessed cleaning the walls would let me see pests and coral I thought had gone. Lol.
D
 

Attachments

  • 20220126_130822.jpg
    20220126_130822.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 63
  • 20220126_130907.jpg
    20220126_130907.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 53
My fish are getting bigger. Ive.recently acquired a large 5" purple tang and a 6" atlantic.blue tang from a friend.
The new display i will start a new thread.
Hoping to pay someone to help set it up. I have 2 big seaswirls and a big lowered skimmer to use! Lol. :)
D
 
The green hair algae mess im dealing with.
I actually scrubbed the walls today with a brush. Next I need to chip away at the pink and purple. Pull more hair algae. Lol.
D
This looks like a sea hare job lol that is some thick algae tho , glad you got some cuc . Mexican turbos would eat that algae up as well maybe some urchin for the coralline
 
Look into an order of asterina stars as well , I grow a good amount of coraline but it doesn’t last a day, I see pink / purple little stars everywhere because they eat it and no fish will look at them lol
 
I.got some sea fans/gorgs. Gorgeous.
 

Attachments

  • 20220127_224416.jpg
    20220127_224416.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 54
  • 20220127_224422.jpg
    20220127_224422.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 20220127_224429.jpg
    20220127_224429.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 54
  • 20220127_224437.jpg
    20220127_224437.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 69
I took my.protein skimmer out. Disassembled it and cleaned it and the pumps and impellers. Return pump got a go through. Made these little stand for my skimmer
D
 

Attachments

  • 20220127_224602.jpg
    20220127_224602.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 63
  • 20220127_224612.jpg
    20220127_224612.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 38
  • 20220127_224732.jpg
    20220127_224732.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 33
  • 20220127_224747.jpg
    20220127_224747.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 32
I decided to not do my 3g pico tank do I took out my utility return pump I had rotating water in my sump out and replaced it with a slw 5 wave pump.
Should be good for my fuge area... which I will show next.
D
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new