building new aquarium

  • Thread starter Thread starter macci
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

macci

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 12, 2014
Messages
112
Reaction score
3
Location
Malta
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning

I am building new reef tank. I am gonna focus on spl. Any suggestion what wave makers should i buy and how much flow I need my aquarium size is 132 x 52 x 73 cm 400 lts

thanks
 
Check out jebao wp25 and wp40. I have 3 wp25 and I couldn't be more pleased.
 
1 wp40 or 2 wp25 would provide adequate flow for your tank. I prefer to have more than pump inside my tanks. If you buy 2 wp25 you can also buy the dual controller.
 
ok thanks. for spl the flow is good with 2 or i go for the 3 one ? or i i go for the 3 one i will have over flow ?

thanks
 
They're adjustable, the wp40 is capable of 16,000 liters per hour and the wp25 is capable of 8,000 liters per hour. You could get by with 1 of the 40, or two of the 25. Or you could use 2 40's or 4 25'a and turn them down. I wouldn't suggest using any more than that. And there might be a good benefit of using 4 of the 25'a and turning them down. I actually have 2 wp25 in my 152 liter and I have more than enough flow. Keep in mind that in the 152 liter I have the ability to turn the tank over 105 times per hour.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new