Building reefer 170 help needed

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cabo31
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Cabo31

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 2, 2015
Messages
131
Reaction score
6
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have just purchased a reefer 170 and am questioning what lighting, dosing system, protein skimmer, etc. I should use. Looking for opinions how to rig the new tank. I have looked at the AI, radion and the kessil for the lights...thoughts on these or others I should look at.
 
When I built my first 175g tank I went with AI Vegas. I controlled them with their controller and didn't feel I could get all the colors dialed in correctly. I moved and downsized to a 75g and switched to the kessil A360WEs. They were great lights. Everything seemed to grow under them and they have a great shimmer effect. After my next move I downsized to a 50g cube and kept one of the kessils on it. I've been controlling them with my apex. I was ready for a change and decided to try the radion XR15w Pro. It's a great light and so easy to control with the apex. All the corals really seem to like it. I'm just in the planning stage of doing another 175g and after debating which to go with I decided on the Radion XR30W Pros. I ordered 3 of them yesterday when I saw BRS had them on sale through midnight last night.

I'm also going to go with the Vertex 180i skimmer. I had the 130 on my 75g and it was great...once you get it dialed in.
 
A reefer 170 is under 40 gallons guys :)

I purchased one too, got a nyos skimmer and using my radion until a new upgrade comes out.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new