bulkhead size?

Robertchrisroph

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 7, 2015
Messages
236
Reaction score
40
Location
Ukiah ca
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. Can anyone give me a idea what size bulkhead I have so I can replace all the piping? It's a 150 gallon. If that helps. Thank you
20150716_070020.jpg
 

Attachments

  • 20150716_070001.jpg
    20150716_070001.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 95
Can you see, or do you know what size the white PVC pipe is? And, is that a reducing elbow in the first pic?
 
Then, because I do not see any reductions, my own guess is that they're 1" bulkheads. I'd let a few others chime in and give their opinions however, and get a consensus.

When you re-plumb, I recommend glued fittings, in combination with lots of unions. :)
And, bulkhead gaskets go on the wet side, not the dry side.
 
I could not tell for sure, but thought they might be. Pretty common mistake. The McMaster-Carr website is a great place to get all one might need, and at a good price - again, just my opinion. :-)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 18 21.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 25 29.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new