bumble bee snails destroyed anemone porcelain crab

marcosnano

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 15, 2023
Messages
268
Reaction score
94
Location
Chicago
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't know bumble bee snails are such killing machines. :oops::dizzy-face:
Storytime:

I bought anemone porcelain crab from online retailer, he came in bad condition, he didn't moved much and didn't react much, so after proper acclimatization I placed him in tank to give him a chance, he stayed in same positions where I dropped him with some movements in his limbs but he didn't moved.

I came back after an hour and I see whole 4 bumble bee snails I had in my tank, they showed up and destroying him.

I didn't knew they are such opportunistic mean killers.



RIP crab.
 
Bubblebee snails are carnivorous and will eat anything that is dead. But there is zero chance a bubblebee snail can kill any healthy crab. It probably died and they ate just scavenging
 
I put 20 margarita snails in my tank about a month ago. Within about 30 min the bumble bees had swarmed several of them. Now there's only about 3 left. In the future I'll deal with vermetid snails in a different manner.
 
Dont buy margaritas snails. They never live long
Turbo snails
Trochus
Asterina
Are the only 3 snails you need
And when uou buy snails in bulk. Expect 25% to die.

Bubblebee so didn’t kill 17 snails in a month
They aren’t killing machines
But hey its your tank
 

Attachments

  • IMG_4053.jpeg
    IMG_4053.jpeg
    269 KB · Views: 68

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 36.8%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 15.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new