Butterfly fish and anemones

Lebreton33

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 17, 2015
Messages
282
Reaction score
117
Location
Chicago
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know if the Pearlscale, Margined Coral, or Heniochus Black and White eat anemones? Can someone with any experience please let me know? Would like to add a Colorado Sunburst but I should prolly ask first haha. Thanks!
 
I have no experience, but I have avoided putting any butterfly fish in my anemone reef out of precaution. They are known to eat inverts and some corals. I wouldn't risk a CSB becoming a meal or at the very least being irritated enough that it eventually dies or never truly looks its best.
However, if you can find a bold enough clown, or two, to host with the CSB, they may keep any nippers away.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new