• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Buyer beware: Mdiesel

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

GKorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watch out guys! I'm officialy giving up and coming to the conclusion that I got scammed by Mike Downey(Mdiesel):Cry: I bought a frag of JF kraks off him from this forum. Once I got to speak with him, he assured me that he has shipped plenty times before and his packages are indestructible. He sent me a picture of the frag and i sent him the payment through paypal. The next morning a totally different person is posting the exact same frag on Facebook for sale!!, after all the mess clears he mentions he might have sent me the wrong picture and is going to make up for it with a bigger frag. He says he's shipping that day which was monday, i receive the tracking information and it says standard 2 day air and contact him to explain. Said :UPS couldn't guarantee overnight but 2 day in the morning before 930am". At this point I was sketching out, long story short package gets here after 5 PM the 2nd day!! 2 measly little heat packs with some newspaper in a ziploc bag of water which he said "was a drastic amount of water." They were already melting and were gone basically the next day he said he would help me out and hasn't responded since Friday. I'm not the only one who had this experience, hopefully they'll chime in. Just letting everybody know so it doesn't happen to them!
20150204_171147.jpg
20150205_212356.jpg
20150209_194210.jpg
20150209_194334.jpg
20150209_194253.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

mdiesel

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The polyps I sent you arrived alive . We kept in contact for several days and they were still alive . They arrived Tuesday and were clearly alive and trying to open from the pictures you sent me . Friday you text me and tell me they were almost all melted . Again, upon arrival they were alive . Friday they were gone . You mentioned you dipped them . How do I know that's not what killed them ? How do I know they aren't in your tank right now and because someone had a bad experience with me your not trying to pull a fast one on me due to the fact I gave you a great deal on extremely high end polyps and someone else had a bad experience so your trying to get them for free? How do I know it's not your tank parameters that killed them supposedly? I told you I would see what I could do to help you out because at first I felt bad and believed your story.But after your post and after all the time inbetween them arriving alive and being alive half the week why should i send you something for free.

OP
OP
G

GKorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This could've all been fixed very easily by you by waiting to ship overnight. All of a sudden you start not responding and i never dipped them just agreed to doing it because thats what you said, but it was never done. I have plenty other high ends and have ordered from plenty other people and have never had a problem. You send extremely high end zoas in 2 day shipping with 6 hour heat packs when you said you just got done shoveling your car out of the snow? I'm not the person to come up on somebody and all i wanted was what i paid for and you were cool with it but 3 days no response is sketchy along with other reports of people having the same problem. If you can make all this right, ill gladly delete this post and update my review.

OP
OP
G

GKorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
by the way they never arrived alive, i told you they were shriveled and transparent and you said " it was their natural mucus coat" also said it was normal when i said they were oozing out their colors out of the mouth and melting the same day

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Outside comments are not allowed. Please do not comment unless you are the seller or the buyer in this transaction. If you have a separate issue, you may start our own feedback thread.

mdiesel

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about that , wrong person claiming I'm a thief . The polyps arrived alive . I seen your post on face book where you said I told you to dip them and you stated you did to me and on fb you said you didn't . I'm not a thief . They arrived alive man . Everyone has dif tank parameters and lighting etc... Once in your tank I'm no longer responsible . Have a great day

ritter6788

Coral Fraud Private Eye
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Outside comments are not allowed. Please do not comment unless you are the seller or the buyer in this transaction. If you have a separate issue, you may start our own feedback thread.

^^^

The family forum rules apply to all parts of the forum as well.

OP
OP
G

GKorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol its funny you decide to write back now...everyone knows your a scammer! They arrived melted!! I sent you a picture in the bag and YOU told me they would be ok and I kept persisting they were dead. Im starting to think those werent even the zoas I ordered to begin with. No experienced reefer would ship such a high end coral on 2 day shipping with flimsy 4 hour heat packs. Plus im not alone..youve scammed about 5 others and they all have the same story so your credibility is out the door. Ill make sure you never sell here or on Michiganreefers since your buddy told me you go under Jason123. Lol just a scammer with a bunch of names....

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 28.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 28 36.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 26.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back