Buying Apex and have a Q

xmetalfan99

Let's Go Mountaineers!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I read that the non Neptune pH probes cause issues with the apex. Is this true? Will the pinpoint pH probe be just fine?

milkman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not experienced that. Mine is from BRS.

soccerbag

Chalices did this to me!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not read this personally. But I use the Pinpoint probes exclusively and have not had an issue at all. You should be fine with any probe you would like to use. I calibrate mine monthly and have never noticed any variances. You will LOVE the Apex. Let us know if you have any questions once you get it in!

OP
OP
X

xmetalfan99

Let's Go Mountaineers!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not read this personally. But I use the Pinpoint probes exclusively and have not had an issue at all. You should be fine with any probe you would like to use. I calibrate mine monthly and have never noticed any variances. You will LOVE the Apex. Let us know if you have any questions once you get it in!

Do you run the pinpoint probes with the apex? If so, how long have you been running the pinpoint probes on the apex?

soccerbag

Chalices did this to me!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I am running them on the Apex and ran them on ACIII before that. Have had my Apex for about 7 months now I think?

OP
OP
X

xmetalfan99

Let's Go Mountaineers!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what vendor you buying your apex from?

tb aquatics

b
Yes I am running them on the Apex and ran them on ACIII before that. Have had my Apex for about 7 months now I think?

With absolutely no issues? I have heard the pinpoint probes can cause OS issues with the apex.

I am up in the air as to what to do. Buy from tb aquatics and save $50 and get a free pinpoint probe, or buy from marinedepot and hope they match tb aquatics and use the neptune probe. I just don't want any issues when it comes to the functionality of the apex.

Last edited:

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 14 21.2%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 50 75.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.0%
Back