Buying online

cloak

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe Bulk Reef Supply ships for free if I'm not mistaken. They don't sell any fish or corals though. Just dry goods.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are all about he same, even if you purchase the amount for free shipping. Usual shipping is $40 and the free shipping usually sits around $140.00 plus or minus $10.00. If you can speak with your LFS and they can order for you and then there is no shipping, you may have to wait till there next order. I am finding this is a good way to order fish. Corals if you by three corals these days you are hitting the free shipping threshold.

Drygood are a different story as @cloak just pointed out. I am fortunate to have a online retailer near me and I can pick up.

OP
OP
florenceSC.nanoreef

florenceSC.nanoreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thanks guys. I have been getting my lfs to order. I was just curious. Plus bonus question what day does your lsf get shipments? Mine get them every Thursday

JonPhillips

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try craigslist. You can drive to pick it up and have it die on the way home! Mucho denaro gas $$$$ too! ;)

Untamedrose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well...the best shipping deal for live stock(small) I know of is from www.aquariumdepot.com(same as reef2go) lots of free shipping packages and over all free shipping at 70. BUT its a roll of die with what you get.... It's not good quality stuff and a lot of well that wasnt what I was thinking(like a 1/4 inch blue porcelain crab, not what I was expecting from the pic but to them, no sizes mentioned..but believe it or not he is doing well and i see him pretty often(thats luck). I ordered my reef cleaner pack from them was very pleased, ordered again with Meh results savings where so much it kinda didnt matter(Like one zoa frag came in dead just dead translucent polys falling off... other two are doing ok. I'd spend more buying one at my LFS then the three)...but I wasnt Happy. Cant say I'd recommend but it's there.

Next best I know of is http://www.petsolutions.com/C/Live-Aquarium-Fish.aspx at 100.00 meets the free shipping.
Limited stock, but what I got in was all healthy, happy might be a bit much for being shoved in a bag/box/truck...but all are doing just fine long term.

Amazons got some serious competative prices on things like test kits and lights..one of those depends upo what your looking for price check. I got my skimmer for 75 that runs 150.00 from everywhere else I have seen.
(just thought I'd mention as

Back