Buying Tanks

k_langley

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 22, 2017
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys! I recently moved back to my home town and my dad and I want to get into reefing. I just finished watching the BRS 52 weeks of reefing series on YouTube so I'm starting to look around for equipment, foremost a tank. Where do you guys buy new tanks? I heard that you can often find tanks for a better price in an LFS than online because the large tanks are expensive to ship. However I'm in Chattanooga, TN, and our only LFS has some crazy high prices, and didn't even seem to have any of the rimless style reef ready tanks I'm interested in. I'm willing to drive to Atlanta/Knoxville/Nashville for a store with good prices if anyone knows of one. Any advice is appreciated!
 
The Coral Reef is in Jefferson City. Maybe give them a call. Coralreeftn.com

That's all I know about Tennessee.
 
honestly, I stick with craigslist or similar services. I feel the cost of a brand new tank isn't worth it when I can get a used one and just put a little elbow grease into it...especially when you get into the larger sizes.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 52 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new