c-balance?

ElitePirate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

Anyone using C-Balance A and B liquid minerals?

Let me explain. Today morning I checked my KH value and it was somewhere in between 8-9. So I decided to add 3.75ml C-Balance as per my weekly maintenance routine.

After few hours I just checked my KH level and it dropped to 6-7. I was really surprised and alarmed because C-Balance supposed to maintain my KH,CA,MG levels. Within 2 hours there's no way to go low that fast.

It will take at least 6-7 days for a 1-2KH drop. Has anyone else experienced this issue with C-Balance? Luckily I had a local KH balancing powder using that I managed to bring back my KH level to 9 once again.

Thanks

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When we dosed I preferred aquavitro line. Plenty of good choices out there though. For a 15 gallon tank you shouldn't need much. Seachem, ME coral, BRS, etc, would work fine.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
C-balance is not an all in one (an all in one means everything in one liquid or solid additive). It is an ordinary (and presumably quality) two part.

There's no reason the alk should have dropped just by starting to dose it. I suspect it is more likely a testing error or coincidence than a result of the C-balance.

I personally doubt most folks can notice a difference between two parts, except in the amount needed or the pH effect.

OP
OP
ElitePirate

ElitePirate

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
C-balance is not an all in one (an all in one means everything in one liquid or solid additive). It is an ordinary (and presumably quality) two part.

There's no reason the alk should have dropped just by starting to dose it. I suspect it is more likely a testing error or coincidence than a result of the C-balance.

I personally doubt most folks can notice a difference between two parts, except in the amount needed or the pH effect.

Hi, thank you, yes you're correct. It;s a 2 part solution. I have 2 KH test kit. API and Salifert. I always do 2 KH testing at the same time using 2 different products.

My biggest worry is why suddenly 1-2 KH dropped just after dosing it. Technically it should increase my KH value right?

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 50 34.2%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 38 26.0%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 28 19.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back